Atech Reid GP’s Tio Ellinas was the fastest driver in testing for the Formula Renault 2.0 UK Championship today at Silverstone ahead of this weekend’s rounds 13 & 14 as part of the World Series by Renault event.
Ellinas was the only driver to set a sub two minute time around the Silverstone GP circuit in the session, with a 1min 59.964secs lap, leaving him almost half a second faster than his nearest rival, Manor Competition’s Jordan King.
King, fresh from action last weekend in the Formula Renault Northern European Cup at Zandvoort in the Netherlands, posted a 2min 00.431secs lap and was the fastest Graduate driver. Third fastest was Fortec Motorsport’s Oliver Rowland, whilst fourth was Mark Burdett Motorsport’s Daniel Cammish.
Three drivers from the Formula Renault 2.0 UK Championship have dual entry status this weekend, as they are also contesting the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 Championship. This meant that Alex Lynn, Mitchell Gilbert and Felix Seralles did not take place in today’s UK test session, testing instead in the two Eurocup sessions, ran to different regulations.
Of these three, Fortec Motorsport’s Lynn was the fastest of all in the afternoon, setting a 1m 59.293secs, with team-mates Gilbert and Serralles both setting times inside the top ten.
Qualifying for the Formula Renault 2.0 UK Championship action takes place at 17:05 on Saturday 20th August followed by rounds 13 & 14 on Sunday at 9:04 and 17:34.
Top ten test times – Friday 19th August – Silverstone GP circuit:
1. Tio Ellinas Atech Reid GP 1:59.964s
2. Jordan King Manor Competition 2:00.431s G
3. Oliver Rowland Fortec Motorsport 2:00.701s G
4. Daniel Cammish Mark Burdett Motorsport 2:00.853s
5. Jack Hawksworth Atech Reid GP 2:01.145s
6. Alice Powell Manor Competition 2:01.268s G
7. Josh Hill Manor Competition 2:01.324s
8. Oscar King Atech Reid GP 2:01.411s G
9. Dan Wells Atech Reid GP 2:02.062s
10. Pedro Calbimonte Fortec Motorsports 2:03.121s